External SD card slot?

Looking fo a particular part or hardware solution? Inquire here for recomended vendors.
Happswitch
Site Admin
Current ArcadeSD Owner: Yes

External SD card slot?

Post by Happswitch » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Anyone have a solution/vendor for a SD card extension setup? I'd like to look into creating an external slot on my cocktail cabinet for the SD card...
Live fast, die last!

Please let me know how to improve ArcadeSD Cafe. Feedback is welcome...

Bobtron

Re: External SD card slot?

Post by Bobtron » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:37 pm

My PCB is mounted just inside the coin door, so no problem for me.... But for curiosity's sake, I just placed an oreder for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360612457149

It's shipping from Korea, and the estimated arrival date range is over a month away, but when it arrives, I'll post my results.

Happswitch
Site Admin

Post by Happswitch » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Excellent! Thanks!

Price isn't bad. Let me know if it works with the board, and I'll probably grab one as well. The length would definitely work for my cabinet.
Live fast, die last!

TapperP

Post by TapperP » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:19 pm

This is a really good idea. Even though updates don't happen often, it would be nice to not have to move the machine to dig inside just to get the SD card. I'll have my eye on this for the future when I get my cab.
ArcadeSD in a Multicade Cabinet
Blog: http://arcadesdmulticade.weebly.com

Boatdrinks

Post by Boatdrinks » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Bobtron wrote:My PCB is mounted just inside the coin door, so no problem for me.... But for curiosity's sake, I just placed an oreder for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360612457149

It's shipping from Korea, and the estimated arrival date range is over a month away, but when it arrives, I'll post my results.
I ordered one of these... it works fine. Just plug one end into the card slot and your SD card goes in the other. Be aware, though, if you buy the one from this eBay auction, the ribbon is only 18 inches long, so it may not be suitable for all cabinets.

Happswitch
Site Admin

Post by Happswitch » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Desperately holding back on "18 inches not being enough" jokes...

Seriously... I wonder what the expected application of this is supposed to be? That cable seems awfully short. Nice to hear that it connects and works smoothly.

I'm probably going to need closer to 36 inches to make it work in my cabinet, unless I drill it out near the bottom of the box...
Live fast, die last!